I am happy to report, that the network protocol changes we tested last week performed well and are now standard After the test I spent most of last week making further improvements to the server. There are still two more changes I want to do before moving on. I am going to improve connection times (most noticeable with high player counts) and I'm going to improve automatic re-connection support (ie. if connection temporarily dies, there will be some leeway for the client to auto-reconnect without loss of score).
To keep things interesting, I also implemented a few gameplay changes . The frog ability now disables smash and push. The repel pod doubles your fire rate, while still boosting your projectile speed as before . I'm excited to see how these changes impact the game, so I'll will upgrade the server and post a new client later tonight hopefully in time for an 8PM CST play test.
After I'm done with this server sprint, I'll probably implement the replacement for the bolt ability. Then go back to that master server I was going to work on.
Frogs no smash or push, can still bungee + retract
Increased default reticle alpha from 0.2f to 0.4f
MapFix: house gaps, and tree clipping
Increased server concurrency and reduced locking
Repel pod now also cuts projectile cool down in half