May 28, 2017 - Go speed racer, go! May 29, 2017 11:33:58 GMT
Post by cpudreams on May 29, 2017 11:33:58 GMT
Better high-speed feedback, performance improvements and some nice little changes to shrimp and radar are the highlights in this devlog. I've begun work on gamepad support and hope to have the first pass of it enabled in next week's build.
- Shrimp now has an air jump that resets on contact with any surface
- passive radar no longer shows players if thrusters are idle (or near idle)
- Player dots (with setting) for culled players that are in line of sight
- Dots are yellow/white (instead of blue/red) if player damaged in last 500ms
- Dots are cyan/magenta (instead of blue/red) if player fired in last 500ms
- Basic culling support of all dynamic objects via actor cull distance
- Added extra bar indicator to the vertical recharge bar
- Double speed earth stance ricochet gets unique blue color
- Added new high speed FX
- Speed lines change color and get larger if above crash speed
- Field of view increases with speed lines in third person and cockpit views
- Added bots on/off button to help panel
- Imported and added basic support for XInput wrapper
- Removed ASDF panel from scene, from prefabs, and cleaned up WASD & ESDF
- Bot's ignore homing abilities from teammates (friendly teleport, love, etc.)
- Increased audio priority for Death SFX and Score Powerball Goal SFX
- Turrets can no longer use Love (and as before cannot become turrets if loved)
- Hacked marvins have a 75% lower chance of defending vs homing
- Marvin will avoid using Ricochet vs shrimped players
- Now your own projectiles, summons, etc. are never culled.
- Fix: Some non-audio FX was not getting culled
- Fix: Turrets were sometimes not updating properly when using teleport pod
- Fix: Don't cull local player's drone, it mess with camera on switch.
- Fix: Don't cull already hidden bungee & push projectiles
- Fix: Respawn FX and SFX not always playing for your own ship
- Fix: WASD decoy tooltip was getting cutoff by bottom of screen.
- Fix: Powerball dropoff was not getting announced